Are you looking for an authentic experience of Martinique? You will have the opportunity to visit six unique locations on this excursion. Take in art, history, architecture, culture, and natural beauty during your time on this Windward Island of the Lesser Antilles in the West Indies.
From cruise port*, or from a central meeting point**, you will discover a nice part of Martinique.
Take in the countryside on the half hour ride to Les Trois Ilets, where the famous pottery village is. Located on a former Jesuit Monastery you will enjoy for 30 minutes the half dozen local artists that have their workshops, you might want to look at the crafts, they are incredibly beautiful and maybe you pick up a great souvenir to take back home.
Re-board the transportation to the second stop, Les Anses d’Arlet, a village in a tranquil cove. Here you may view the recently renovated bell tour of the church that is situated directly in front of the beach. Alternatively, you may choose to sunbath on the fine white sand beach, swim or even snorkel! All snorkel gear is included and you can go right from the beach to see the underwater beauty. You have the chance to see many colorful fish and sea turtles.
Once you have soaked up the sun you will be on your way to a viewpoint overlooking Diamond Rock. The island reflects the light in such a way that it appears to be a giant precious stone, making it a wonderful photographic opportunity. Do not forget your camera.
After you have shot your photos, you will head to Cap 110, a memorial erected in memory of slavery. This Memorial consists of 15 busts of 2.5 meters in height arranged triangularly, to represent the slavery trade triangle between The Americas, Europe and Africa.
After that we will make a stop in a local market to discover local fruits, spices and so much more!
You cannot have had the full experience of Martinique without sampling their famous rum! Your final stop will be at a local rum distillery. At Trois Rivieres Distillery, you will learn about their special white and aged vintage rums that have been on the market since 1976. Enjoy a sample and bottles are available to purchase of your favorite! There are also coconut products available for you purchase. Once you have completed your Martinique experience the transportation will bring you directly back to Fort de France.
What is included?
- Air-conditioned, fully licensed and insured transportation
- Pickup at your Fort de France cruise ship pier (or hotels/rental places in Fort-de-France and Schoelcher for free)
- Bilingual English-French speaking shore excursion guides (other languages upon request)
- Complimentary spring water local juice, rum.
Price: 65€ adult / 45€ children under the age of 10.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure: 9am (can be modify according to customers and ships arrival).
Capacity: 18 passengers maximum.
Tour guide: English (other languages available upon request, especially for families or group).
- Canceled by client prior to excursion date with a minimum of 5 Days prior notice by email.
- Your ship skips/misses the port.
- Weather conditions or equipment failure prevents the operator from running the excursion.
- Cancellations refund requests that do not comply with the above may not be subject to refund.
Refunds may be subject to a service charge fee as determined by the payment processor (usually 5%).
- If you are late you are considered as a no show and you will not be refunded.
- We require a minimum of 4 passengers to run a tour. If the minimum is not met your tour may be cancelled. If you are alone and you want to book please contact us by email first.
*Pick up and drop off at the cruise exit without extra cost for all the ports of Fort-de-France.
**send us an email on email@example.com in order to let us know on which cruise ship you will be, or, where you are based if you are staying on the island. Pick up and drop off will be free in Fort-de-France and Schoelcher. An extra cost will be applied if you are in other towns.