You will stop during this tour in 5 different places in order to taste local ice creams, pastries, sugarcane juice, local candies and a surprise salty special you will eat seated on a carpet with pillows in Savannah park!
This tour is a fun way to discover the city and the treasures of Fort-de-France. A perfect combination of history cool stories, weird habits and juicy gossip… with food tasting!
First, to start your tour in a good mood, you will stop at 2 different food stops! Then, stroll through the local market where your guide will show you the local delicacy and hidden secrets, as well as point out the local spices and quirky souvenirs. Passing by the Old Courthouse you will see the statue dedicated to the French writer Victor Shoelcher. See the impressive architecture of the Schoelcher Library which holds many of Victor Shoelchers works, as well as his donation from his own personal collection of works.
The St Louis cathedral is a Romanesque revival style Cathedral. Built in the late 19th Century, is located in the downtown area of Fort De France. It is the 7th church built on the site due to natural disasters.
Your tour will take you to Savannah Park, where your last food tasting will be, relaxing while sitting on the grass with your carpet and pillows.
If you are vegan please let us know by email email@example.com
- Food tasting
- Local guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
- Pick up at the cruise port (walking distance) or in the downtown.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Price: 50€ per adult / 35€ per child (4 to 10). Free for child from 0 to 3 years old.
Availability: Every day except mondays and sundays.
Departure time : 9am
Duration: 2.5 hours
Tour guide: English and French (other languages available upon request, especially for families or group).
- Canceled by client prior to excursion date with a minimum of 5 Days prior notice by email.
- Your ship skips/misses the port.
- Weather conditions or equipment failure prevents the operator from running the excursion.
- Cancellations refund requests that do not comply with the above may not be subject to refund.
Refunds may be subject to a service charge fee as determined by the payment processor (usually 5%).
- If you are late you are considered as a no show and you will not be refunded.
- We require a minimum of 4 customers to run a tour. If the minimum is not met your tour may be cancelled.